Well we have passed that day of the year when people make a bunch of bogus resolutions.  I stop doing that years ago.  I make adjustments to my life whenever I see fit.  Whenever I see something not working for me... I change. I would advise alot of you make that your Resolution...to stop waiting for December 31st to improve your situation.  In fact may I suggest a book "Who Moved My Cheese" [You can click on my Amazon store at the top of the page to purchase the book]. Great book for dealing with change.

Anyway, I digress, so as we close out 2010, I don't know about you but it has been a tough one for me.  I have lost a lot of people.  I have learned a lot of lessons.  What I do know as I sit at my laptop clicking away is that I am still here.  That means this tough year was not in vain.  It was to prep me for the many blessings to come my way.  To keep me humble so when my abundance arrives I am able to handle it and not lose myself in the excess.  So I take 2010 as a lesson learned, a blessing and THE PAST.

Golden Rule
I have no intentions on dwelling on all the things that went wrong this year, but I do plan on making necessary adjustments.  I have always been a golden rule person - Do unto others.  So yes I am more blunt than tactful, because I would rather you hurt me with the truth than to have me looking like a fool living a lie.  I can get past a hurt feeling and forgive if I know the truth, because my respect for you will still be in tact. Such is not the same for an embarrassed and hurt feeling based on a lie. With that said... these last few months have been very interesting.  It has showed me that I am simply thru with the Golden Rule. I am going to just treat people the way THEY deserve to be treated.  *Shrug*  I have given people more leeway than normal because I have been working on my ability to forgive as part of my personal growth, but its over that.  I definitely have come a long way and I do know when to forgive and proudly I even know HOW to genuinely forgive now, however I'm putting stricter restrictions on whom and when I chose to forgive.  I have (in these last few months) really gone out my way to treat people the way I would want them to treat me, to have them pull some real shady ass shyt with me.  So rather than to remain on this "high road" as people call it, I am getting my ass back on the main road and treating these mofos accordingly. So don't be surprised if I speed pass you and flip you the bird on the main road-just giving you what you deserve.

Sacrifice
2010, the first year in my life since I started dating, that I did not date at all. I stuck to my celibacy but more than that, I stuck to my focus.  I made the decision 2nd semester of 1L that I would cut off that aspect of my personal life so that I could focus on law school.  Men and dating was just a stress I knew I would be better off putting to the side-temporarily of course.  I have to say, it was a worthwhile sacrifice.  Every minute not on the phone arguing about "Why you ain't answer the phone when I called earlier" was a minute put towards studying and every second not wasted on "Who you out with" was a second out enjoying my free time away from the books.  Truth be told, I expected to feel more lonely than I did. I can probably count on 1 hand the amount of times I actually WANTED companionship.  It was a busy year so I guess that helped.  The moral of the story is, I made a sacrifice that paid off huge.  We have to sacrifice for the things we really want in life.  Now I am less than 6 months away from my JD and my final semester schedule is exactly what I wanted.  More importantly... I am not happy ... I am ecstatic, I am exactly where I wanted to be when I wanted to be there, with a clear mind and heart so that I can enjoy every minute of it.
If you have yet to make a sacrifice for something you claim you truly want but haven't realized yet, that could be the reason.

Truth be told I could go on for days....but I wont

I wish you all the very best....

XOXO
SnobbyGyrl