I went to visit my grandparents today and just my granddad was home so we were chopping it up as we usually do.  He said something very interesting to me and it got me to thinking... so let me ask you ...

WOULD YOU MARRY SOMEONE WHO IS EDUCATIONALLY BENEATH YOU?

I am definitely guilty of being an education Snobb at times, however make no mistake, book smart is not the only smarts that matter or that I value.  But could you marry someone who was not on your level intellectually?  I am asking myself that.  I love sports and some things hood, so yea we can talk about that, but I also enjoy a lot of scholarly topics and I need to be able to talk about that as well.  I do not want to be in a marriage where more than half of my conversations has to be directed elsewhere because my husband can not carry on an intelligent conversation with me beyond whose going to the playoffs.

Should love get us pass something like "educational differences" ???? Is love enough?? Do you take these things into consideration when choosing a life mate?? Does this make one shallow for taking it into consideration???

I realize this has been written from the perspective of someone "marrying down" thus far, but could you marry up?  Would you be comfortable married to someone who (albeit unintentional) talks over your head?    I mean how would you feel around your mate's friend (assuming they are as intelligent as your mate)??? Would you resent your spouse because of their superior education?

Just things for you to think about.  Really, its some things for me to think about.


XOXO
Snobby Gyrl