So I spent the last week cruising the Southern Caribbean. 

I love to travel and I love the Caribbean and Latin America for vacay purposes, however I do not like how Caribbeans feel entitled to my business because we are "black" ... I had to put a few damn people in line on this cruise ... Particularly in Barbados!!!!!

When I am on VACATION my purpose is to relax and rest!!!! So upon reaching the beach [cant remember the name at the moment, but I will add it to this blog as soon as I do], we are swarmed by folk selling this that and the third. Now I ain't knocking nobody's hustle so fine introduce ya product and if I want it then I'll conduct business, but if I say no thank you then leave me be. That does not mean follow me to where I set up shop on the beach and hover over me blocking out my damn sun when I am trying to sleep.  It damn sure does not mean keep talking to me and pushing whatever I have already politely declined!!!!! Needless to say in less than 10minutes I was pissed and wanted to leave the beach and tell the whole country to kiss my AMERICAN ASS!!! However, we stayed and tried to make the most of our day in Barbados.  I mean honestly some of my fave people are Bajan I was not expecting to have to reach in my beach bag for a rusty blade on folk in Barbados, but these mofos was pushing my damn hand.

The harrassment continues on .. I politely get Bronx on them and say please GTFOH ...sincerely, the management.  They proceed to tell my people I'm Snobby -- my response: THANKS FOR NOTICING. One fool had the nerve to tell us [although I was too far ahead to hear it myself] to leave Barbados then!! Nicca what?!?!?! Nicca who?!?!? Upon notification of that dumb ass conduct I had to stand and ask who the hell gonna stop me from coming back and forth to Barbados at my leisure.. not none of yall ..so sityoassdown!!!!! Now I'm livid, here come the next fool with the ultimate coonerific comment, "oh yall dont like me cuz I'm black, yall only talk to white american men" .... As I had to keep myself from committing a homicide in a foreign country ... I begin to break... "SIR...WTF ARE U TALKIN ABOUT... WE DONT WANT TO TALK TO YOU BECAUSE WE ARE TRYING TO REST... IM BLACK TOO OR IS THE FACT THAT ALL U WANT IS MY MONEY CONFUSING YOU"... again ... I had to conclude to him with sityoassdown... and then when you think the stupidity has reached its apex... here comes ah next banchee with "yall cheap" ... *blank stare* ... Im cheap because I do not want to pay for things I do not want ... and yet again ... sityoassdown.

I do want to shout out the rum dude and the food dude. They were on point.  Like I said, we only spending money on things we want.  You 1) aint going to force me to buy shit, 2) you are not going to "guilt" me into buying shit, 3) aint never going to get my business by being an asshole!!! I was totally over Barbados...and aside from attending cropover .. I have no desire to ever return unless its to wage vengeful war on those damn coonerific ass banchees that ruined my damn day on the beach!!!!!

Also, shoutout to the cafe at the port.... their conch samosas were PHEE-NOMM-MEH-NULLL ... so damn good, I wish they were selling em in bulk!!!!

Although that was the worse experience of the trip, a fellow in St. Maarten also had to get put in his place real fast as well.  This fellow had been acting normal and decent all the time we were there, but then for some reason felt privy to my biographical info.  I for the life of me could not understand why this man felt like he had a right to know my last name, but I definitely told him that is none of his business. He follows with thats just snotty, I said no, you asking me a question of no consequence to your existence as if you have some privity is just NOSY! He proceeds this is the island friendly, I retort ..oka but is this the island nosy.  Turns out he was just being an ass to my friends just before... so I notified him..sir please dont play the asshole game with me.. I have a PhD in asshole, you will not win.  Other than that jackass.. St.Maarten was my fave.. lively, fun, good food & drinks.. I really enjoyed it and I barely saw the place!!! I definitely plan to fly back there.

All and all... it was a great trip, but I am happy to be back on the mainland.

XOXO,
Snobby Gyrl